The Methodist Church,  The Common,  Winterslow
 
 

Minister:   Reverend Susan Holden 01980 623948 email  Hold607@aol.com

When:       Sunday 10.00am

Contact:    Ivan Moody: 01980 862964   email ivanmoody43@gmail.com

 Methodist Hall Bookings:

Duncan Moody: 01980 862986    email dunc.moody@googlemail.com

 

****************************************

The first Methodist chapel was built on Winterslow Common in 1810 and the subscription and account book for the period 1810 - 1827 survives in Wiltshire and Swindon Archives.

The present chapel dates from 1865-1866 and is part of the Salisbury Wesleyan Methodist Circuit. A book of pew rents is held in Wiltshire and Swindon Archives for the period 1889 - 1930.

In 1983 extensive alterations to the building began, to include a new vestry, a meeting room, cloakroom facilities. A service of rededication and thanksgiving was held on 1st January 1984.

In 1992 a Day Centre opened in the hall and this necessitated the further alteration of heating and kitchen facilities and the construction of a ramp entrance. In 1996 a porch and ramp entrance was added to the exterior of the church itself. In 2002 the roof was retiled and by 2006 all the windows had been replaced.

The refurbishment works were funded by means of grants from the Circuit and by individual grants and donations.